Monday, October 23, 2006

home for a moment



memories..they are some of the greatest things to hold on to....its crazy to look back on life and remember good times....oh goodness....i was reading/looking through my moms highschool yearbook...and i was just thinking about how wierd its going to be for me...when i have my 30 year reunion....and when my kid will look through my year book and be like "OH WOW mom you guys are so old 2007 is when you graduated?"...haha..it will be a good moment...but its so crazy how much our life choices now affect our future....when your young the "future" seems so far off...your always asked what do you want to be when you grow up?...in this next year i am going to deciede what i going to be...in my mind i am puzzled with that...i dont want to decide...one because i cant be that astronaut that i always wanted to be...and also cause i am not ready...but at the same time i cant wait to see what i will become...i am most likely going to go into the family tradition of teaching...which was second on the list...flying in space and fighting aliens always sounded so much coooler than trying to explain art history...but i am probably going to settle for the art history...but its not fer sure..and i still have to make a final desision...this post kinda fell off topic....eek...

but ya memories are priceless treasures...the good ones that is!....nothing can replace hanging out in amiee-lee and laura-lees pool...or the many hours spent in Unit 13 praying/playing/and just seeing God...and my list could go on and on and on....i have a had a good week of remembering things....and also of God bringning back promises that He has spoken over me....its so crazy to think that choices that i made in grade 7 still affect me today...times when i pressed in to God...when i was like 13 have left huge dents that still are challenging me everyday...time goes so quickly when you look back on it.....but i think this little season of rememberance is coming to and end...God is calling me to look forward again cause there is some new choices that i have to make and a more mountains to climb...but i cant wait till i get to the top so that i can see how far i came again!!...:)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss memories too and i miss u...SO MUCH!

10:32 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Why cant you be an astronaut...you can be whatever you want...anyways I love memories...I know one that you will never forget...how about bein chased in the dark down a hill in the middle of the night while they are screaming at you...ha ha that is a good one...anyways one memory I will never forget is the week I met you cause now I have this amazing little sister...love you...have a gooder

11:08 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That was a gooder... what nut could have been chasing you! Craziness! I like memories, i like you, i liked this blog, and the caughted frogs! lol You can do and be ANYTHING you want! I believe in you and i know nikki does too! Be blessed!
Hey...remember when you didn't believe that snacking could be a hobbie?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Not snacking Dawn...eating

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home