Tuesday, October 17, 2006

steep and slippery


Haha..so was pondering on my life...and i was reminded of a vision that God gave me while i was at Eagles Nest this past weekend..not the moth one...another one...i went horse back riding....oh man i am so thankful for henry ford..but thats besides the point...so we were trail riding and we went UP prayer mountain on these beasts...and since there was a bit of snow so it was super steep and slippery for the horses...i was just closing my eyes and praying "GOD I DONT WANT TO DIE RIDING A HORSE!!!!!!!!!" ...haha and then later on He spoke to me..(when i was sitting calmly after service)...He said that my life is like riding that horse...God is the Horse, He is refered to in the Bible as riding a White Horse..(I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war Revelation 19:11).. and I have to give the reigns over to Him and let Him take me to new places...but there will be times in my walk that HUGE STEEP IMPOSSIBLE hills will come...and i will think that i cant get over them...but God wants me to trust HIm that He will get me over it....and He wont slip or stumble...i just got to surrender and hold on to His promises with dear life...or i will slip off the horse...right after we finshed getting up "prayer mountain...which i am calling death hill"..there is a field up there....and its flat and golden..and at that part Andrea told us to get the horse to trot...and we trotted across the beautful field which over looked the camp and hills...it was pretty beautiful...and it was calm...just me and the horse working as one..(well thats how its supposed to look).:)..and God told me that when we get through trials and up hills...He will reward us...and there is an end to tough times....but He wanted to remind me that we are going to have to go down into the valley again...but we will be stronger than we were before...He will never lead us on a trail that is too hard...He knows what we can handle..but He likes being in charge...and leading our way....

ps. some of us feel that we are always following the butts of other horses....that we are just there and we do what everyone else is doing...and all we see is thier butt....but thats only a season.....God will have trails where you and Him will be alone together...trotting along as one!...how beautful to be one with the spirit!.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

You know what its like you were speaking to me...ha ha thats what my blog is like me ranting about havin hard times...but as I was sitting there tonight talkin with some friends I realized I dont have it that bad even tho I get so stressed out at my job...God is there with me and He just wants me to ask Him for help instead of getting frustrated ha ha I just thought of another blog to write that I shall write later...love ya

12:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

good stuff. thank-you.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home